Vegan – Gluten Free – Bean – Brownies (Toaster Oven version)
- 1 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1/8 cup + 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flaxmeal
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup non processed brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. pure stevia powder (nunaturals)
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 + 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 + 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
Preheat toaster oven to 325 F. Grease and flour an 8x8x2 baking pan. Follow Ricki’s recipe instructions.
I baked the brownies for 30 minutes. Ricki’s recipe calls for 45-55 minutes. Since this is basically half of the original recipe (plus other minor changes), I knew that the baking time needed to be reduced.
The brownies came up a bit dry. I think they were slightly overcooked. Will probably reduce cooking time to 25 minutes next time I make them. The taste is not bad at all, but it doesn’t compare to regular brownies. However, you can not taste the beans.
At this point, I will not make these brownies for a party, but I think it is just a matter of making little adjustments here and there!
This was an interesting experiment! Thanks for taking the time to read.
Oh, please let me know if you made them on your toaster oven and how did they turned out, ok?